Global Shea Alliance is a multistakeholder association promoting quality and sustainability in the shea industry
Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and facilitates women's empowerment by strengthening the shea industry and value chain.
Global Shea Alliance helps to preserve the African savannah and strengthen African companies through the exchange of information and best practices
Our mission is to design, develop and propose strategies that underpin a competitive and sustainable shea industry across the world, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and of their communities.
Featured This Week
- Stories from the field: read what women #shea collectors in #Ghana & #Burkina learned from 2014 GSA quality trainings http://t.co/15W5kEQFf5
- GSA is hiring! Seeking Capacity Building Consultant, Fundraising Manager, & Events Manager. Job postings are here: http://t.co/ladASzYDIY
- @StacyRachelle Aw, thanks for the reminder! You wouldn't happen to have the link, would you? :)
- We like the way you think! RT @my_resh: Shea butter is the skin's best friend! #sheabutter #shea #dryskinproblems #skincare
- Those #shea trees are in Tamale, #Ghana! Beautiful. Have any shea pictures you'd like to share?
- Can you guess where these #shea trees are? Hint: they're near an airport! Stay tuned 4 the answer... http://t.co/OwW2j6dNR7
- RT @akuawood: great #tbt to the 2013 Abuja #shea conference http://t.co/Yef7vnGpsi
- Our beloved #shea trees, Vitellaria paradoxa, are not critically endangered, but they ARE vulnerable. How can we protect our trees?
- RT @globaltrees: The Candelabra tree is one of 1,152 Critically Endangered tree species with a story to tell: http://t.co/n1p0xOO1TU http…
- 12 uses for raw #shea butter. Which one is YOUR favorite? http://t.co/sfobiAku5O Love the article, @mothernaturenet!
Between May and August 2014, the Global Shea Alliance sponsored quality trainings in six West African countries. Over 30,000 women shea collectors learned best practices for harvesting an...
The 2014 Quality Working Group will meet in Accra on October 13. The Group will review the draft quality standards discussed during the General Assembly in order to finalize the GSA quali...
For the past twenty years, the shea industry has experienced a growing demand for shea butter, mostly due to an increase in global demand for vegetable oils and fats. This trend is ...