Global Shea Alliance is a multistakeholder association promoting quality and sustainability in the shea industry
Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and facilitates women's empowerment by strengthening the shea industry and value chain.
Global Shea Alliance helps to preserve the African savannah and strengthen African companies through the exchange of information and best practices
Our mission is to design, develop and propose strategies that underpin a competitive and sustainable shea industry across the world, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and of their communities.
Featured This Week
- At @WTO Public Forum, GSA members, @sidleyaustin + WTO member states discussed women's empowerment and trade barriers http://t.co/K1L8cZjC6Q
- We're hiring #interns in our #DC office! Applications considered on a rolling basis #Jobs http://t.co/c3xm7v5mob http://t.co/6LbLWeHXqE
- The Shea value chain from start to finish: from fruit to nuts to kernels to Shea butter itself. http://t.co/BO7EcABfCG
- We'll be talking to stakeholders in agriculture and food systems about how the GSA advocates for #sustainability in the #shea industry.
- The GSA is pleased to be presenting today at an FAO/World Bank workshop on responsible investment in agriculture! http://t.co/cge9wTJLbk
- Want to help the GSA win €1,000? Visit the @ICCOtweet Facebook page to like a photo of women shea collectors in Bori http://t.co/hULHdWFeCM
- Each month, the GSA will profile one of our #sustainability partners. First up? SeKaf Ghana. Learn about their work: http://t.co/eaEeuPimIc
- Check out this article in Ghana’s @bftghana on Shea Network Ghana’s efforts to stop the destruction of #shea trees. http://t.co/mPjANWzJco
- We're pleased to announce our 2015 African Cosmetics Exhibition in #Lagos, #Nigeria. Details: http://t.co/04k5YBbLtg http://t.co/mPyXjjr3cr
- Thanks @Upworthy for highlighting the work of GSA member and #sustainability partner SeKaf Ghana! http://t.co/1aKOLBccFE
The Global Shea Alliance is pleased to announce that the Barry Callebaut Group has joined the Alliance, bringing decades of experience, business acumen, and commitment to the organization...
For the past twenty years, the shea industry has experienced a growing demand for shea butter, mostly due to an increase in global demand for vegetable oils and fats. This trend is ...