Global Shea Alliance is a multistakeholder association promoting quality and sustainability in the shea industry
Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and facilitates women's empowerment by strengthening the shea industry and value chain.
Global Shea Alliance helps to preserve the African savannah and strengthen African companies through the exchange of information and best practices
Our mission is to design, develop and propose strategies that underpin a competitive and sustainable shea industry across the world, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and of their communities.
Featured This Week
- So excited about #Shea Network Ghana African #Cosmetics Exhibition! What #shea #beauty products are you looking for? http://t.co/inZ4W3n85j
- Don't forget that Global #Shea is #hiring! Seeking a Fundraising Manager and an Events Manager. Deadline is 10/31: http://t.co/4UPXYCCyTe
- Don't just take our word for it! RT @thegbcghana: #Ghana: Maiden #SheaButter #exhibition to take place in November. http://t.co/lBJ0jTi7ob
- Save the date! The Shea Network Ghana Conference & African #Cosmetics Exhibition will be in Accra on Nov 24-26: http://t.co/37HW8tQa67
- RT @TREEAID: Today is #InternationalDayofRuralWomen Investing in women is vital for the success of grassroots development projects http://t…
- Tomorrow, 10/15, is the deadline to apply for the #capacitybuilding #consultant position w/the Global #Shea Alliance! http://t.co/I0sooRcCZn
- We are so thankful to our Executive Committee members for their hard work! Here they are sharing a few laughs: http://t.co/ZUJPIqQT2c
- Thanks to @naturacosm, @IOI_LC_vacature, @TechnoServe, @TAMAcosmetics & everyone else for their work at the 2014 Quality Working Group mtg!
- 2014 Quality Working Group members hard at work! Tell us, what does quality mean to YOU? http://t.co/4eF0ujBQHp
- RT @CarlaKoppell: Great learning of @USAIDWestAfrica supported @GlobalShea Alliance unique work w/private firms promoting sustainability & …
Between May and August 2014, the Global Shea Alliance sponsored quality trainings in six West African countries. Over 30,000 women shea collectors learned best practices for harvesting an...
The Global Shea Alliance is pleased to support the 2014 Shea Network Ghana Conference & African Cosmetics Exhibition. The event will take place on November 24-26, 2014 at Osu Presby H...
For the past twenty years, the shea industry has experienced a growing demand for shea butter, mostly due to an increase in global demand for vegetable oils and fats. This trend is ...