Global Shea Alliance is a multistakeholder association promoting quality and sustainability in the shea industry
Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and facilitates women's empowerment by strengthening the shea industry and value chain.
Global Shea Alliance helps to preserve the African savannah and strengthen African companies through the exchange of information and best practices
Our mission is to design, develop and propose strategies that underpin a competitive and sustainable shea industry across the world, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and of their communities.
Featured This Week
- Our beloved #shea trees, Vitellaria paradoxa, are not critically endangered, but they ARE vulnerable. How can we protect our trees?
- RT @globaltrees: The Candelabra tree is one of 1,152 Critically Endangered tree species with a story to tell: http://t.co/n1p0xOO1TU http…
- 12 uses for raw #shea butter. Which one is YOUR favorite? http://t.co/sfobiAku5O Love the article, @mothernaturenet!
- RT @FAOForestry: How do men and women use trees differently, and why does this matter for #forest restoration? http://t.co/8ojIZDW3cC via @…
- Check out this article from @devex for the 3 L's of women's empowerment: http://t.co/TTYG46AT9V
- RT @SNV_AGRI: Women produce bulk of food, yet don't have equal access to resources they require. @SNVWorld solutions empower women http://t…
- GSA working on best practices for warehouses with StarShea, @SNVGhana, and @JustSheaGhana. Great discussions so far! http://t.co/vlRIaSDSTK
- RT @rdgentzler: Framework Architecture is designing shea nut warehouses for @GlobalShea across West Africa. Images coming soon.
- Hello, shea enthusiasts! GSA is back on Twitter! Let us know what you've been up to lately. What are you hoping to learn from us?
- @ALNVentures what a great idea! would you mind emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with more details?
The 8th edition of the GSA Newsletter is out! We hope you enjoy reading about our activities since Shea 2014: The Industry Unites conference. Here's a preview of what's inside the newslet...
The 2014 Quality Working Group will meet in Accra on October 13. The Group will review the draft quality standards discussed during the General Assembly in order to finalize the GSA quali...
For the past twenty years, the shea industry has experienced a growing demand for shea butter, mostly due to an increase in global demand for vegetable oils and fats. This trend is ...