Global Shea Alliance is a multistakeholder association promoting quality and sustainability in the shea industry
Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and facilitates women's empowerment by strengthening the shea industry and value chain.
Global Shea Alliance helps to preserve the African savannah and strengthen African companies through the exchange of information and best practices
Our mission is to design, develop and propose strategies that underpin a competitive and sustainable shea industry across the world, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and of their communities.
Featured This Week
- #Shea Tree 101 with @ICRAF at the Trade & Industry conference. Learn more about Sustaining Diverse and Productive Shea Parklands.
- Saving Your Skin and Women's Lives by @JustSheaGhana at the #NYC conference! Don't miss it. #shea #womensempowerment
- Don't miss @SundialBrands talking about Social Responsibility in Action. See you on May 11. #shea #socialresponsibility @SheaMoisture
- Thank you to @CloroxCo for talking about being Partners in Sustainability. See you in #NYC! #sustainability #shea
- @ConservationOrg Shea industry conference in NYC on May 11! Join us to conserve shea tree resources across Africa? http://t.co/d1LAMv0SpT
- We are looking forward to "The Body Shop: Supporting Sustainable Shea - A Case Study" at the Trade & Industry Conference. @thebodyshopusa
- @farmingfirst Hello! Did u receive our invite to the Shea Trade&Industry Conference in NYC? We'd love 2 see u there! http://t.co/d1LAMv0SpT
- @Africare Did you get our invite to the Shea Trade & Industry Conference in NYC? We hope 2 see u there! http://t.co/d1LAMv0SpT
- Can't wait to see @SheaRadiance present on Women’s Health and Safety: Addressing Community Needs! #shea #womensempowerment #womensgold
- @naturesshea We invite you to our shea industry conference in NYC! Be on the lookout for an email. http://t.co/WLw3zuEyLL Hope to see you!
GSA convenes 500 participants, adopts new quality and sustainability initiatives, and elects EC representatives at Shea 2015
The Global Shea Alliance held its eighth annual international conference in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso from March 23-25, 2015. Shea 2015: A Promising Future attracted over 500 participants...
The Global Shea Alliance launched the industry’s first sustainability program in 2014. We issued a call to action for international businesses, women’s groups, non-profits, an...
For the past twenty years, the shea industry has experienced a growing demand for shea butter, mostly due to an increase in global demand for vegetable oils and fats. This trend is ...