Global Shea Alliance is a multistakeholder association promoting quality and sustainability in the shea industry
Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and facilitates women's empowerment by strengthening the shea industry and value chain.
Global Shea Alliance helps to preserve the African savannah and strengthen African companies through the exchange of information and best practices
Our mission is to design, develop and propose strategies that underpin a competitive and sustainable shea industry across the world, improving the livelihoods of rural African women and of their communities.
Featured This Week
- RT @USEmbassyGhana: I am a member of @GlobalShea. Networks like that helps you to share ideas even with competitors. – F. Opoku @BeautySecr…
- Wow! 24 #sustainability partners! Check out the article on the Global #Shea website to find out who they are! http://t.co/1KvJScs5kA
- #Sustainability Working Group met on Dec 1-2 in #Ghana to advance sustainable #shea! Thank you for your hard work! http://t.co/bcUgeZD5Wg
- RT @SheaRadiance: We are #LIVE at the @globalshea Working Group meeting in Accra, Ghana. #sustainability #fairtrade http://t.co/AQVBCBG6wl
- 2014 African Cosmetics Exhibition. #Natural #African #Beauty. http://t.co/n0HFGvkgWR
- RT @USEmbassyGhana: The African Cosmetics Exhibition ends today. If you're in Accra, pass by the Osu Presby Hall. http://t.co/fbaM3Izf6d ht…
- RT @USEmbassyGhana: Shea butter industry offers employment to African women. http://t.co/niAPFreKtP @GlobalShea http://t.co/cwBzENyE2w
- RT @mikepalisano: Despite this, Ghana (and W Africa) exports much less than they have the capacity for, thank you @GlobalShea for helping t…
- RT @USEmbassyGhana: See you at the 2014 Shea Network Ghana Conference & African Cosmetics Exhibition. http://t.co/7KjKqWNZNi @GlobalShea ht…
- @alexisak @PinsBrown Thank you for your continued support! Can't wait to welcome to you Ghana!
At the Shea 2014 conference in Abidjan, the Global Shea Alliance launched the sustainability program, a new initiative that promotes women's empowerment and protects shea ecosystems....
The Global Shea Alliance (GSA) is pleased to announce “Shea 2015: A Promising Future.” The eighth annual international conference will be held in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso on ...
For the past twenty years, the shea industry has experienced a growing demand for shea butter, mostly due to an increase in global demand for vegetable oils and fats. This trend is ...